UPDATE MARCH 24th, 2020 8pm
The Kozlov store is now closed for an indefinite period of time due to COVID-19 abatement measures as mandated by the Province of Ontario. We hope to have more information on future plans soon. Please refer to this website, which will be updated regularly.
UPDATE MARCH 24th, 2020 11am
IMMINENT CHANGE TO KOZLOV STORE OPERATIONS - COVID-19
Today (Tuesday, March 24th) is likely to be the last day for the store to be open to the public under orders of the Province of Ontario. We will be open until 6 p.m. and following the store procedures shown below on this page.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN SOME PRODUCTS FROM THE STORE, TODAY MAY BE THE LAST DAY TO DO SO for an undetermined amount of time.
We will be keeping the front gate closed to limit the number of people in the store, so please be advised there may be a short wait until another collector has been helped.
Thank you, and we will update you again as soon as more information becomes available. We will get through this together!
A MESSAGE FROM DOUG LAURIE SPORTS MANAGEMENT - POSTED FRIDAY MARCH 20th, 2020
Friends of Doug Laurie Sports,
I thought I should reach out to all of you to let you know our plans for the foreseeable future. Of course, our collective desire is to remain healthy and free from COVID-19 infection, for us and for all of you. By instituting the measures listed below, I hope all of us can continue enjoying the hobby while staying safe.
We are following all government regulations and any mandatory policies concerning our operations, and we are monitoring news sources on a proactive basis so as to keep current on any changes to these policy requirements.
We are also currently adhering to these policies of our own:
1. The Kozlov store ("the store") is remaining open during shortened business hours. Those hours are as follows:
Sunday and Monday: CLOSED
Tuesday-Friday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please refer to this website or call before coming in, however, as these hours are at the discretion of the store, the Kozlov Centre and authorities, and can be changed at any time.
2. We will be covering all singles boxes, as we cannot disinfect those areas with any certainty and without damage to the cards. We will retrieve singles from the display cases upon request, but they must either be left in our hands or on the counter.
3. You will be asked to apply hand sanitizer to your hands (we have sufficient supply), and will be required to do so immediately before touching any merchandise that we have permitted you to touch.
4. Certain areas of the store may be set aside for you to handle merchandise, and a store associate may be required to bring this merchandise to this set-aside location. The purpose of this is so that we may be better able to clean and disinfect these areas on a regular basis.
5. You will only be permitted in the store for a duration that is sufficient for you to determine and complete your purchases, with a maximum of 15 MINUTES. General loitering in the store will not be permitted, at our absolute discretion.
6. No groups of more than 3 people will be permitted in the store at any time.
7. Until further notice, we will not be offering appraisal services or giving courtesy looks at quantities of cards to gauge value.
8. Any visitor to the store must comply with these policies, plus any additional requests that we make, or you will be required to leave the store.
9. Please be advised that any of the forgoing policies may change if we determine that changes are necessary.
Thank you for reading this and understanding. I look forward to when we can do away with the inconvenience of these currently necessary policy requirements.
Doug Laurie Sports